Play A Bigger Game
About Rowdy McLean
An entrepreneur who retired from his first successful company at 34, Rowdy has since gone on to create 5 more amazing companies. As a CEO, he rescued Australia’s largest hospitality company from the brink of bankruptcy.
His clients describe him as a down to earth, practical speaker and master storyteller, who believes that people are remarkable and capable of extraordinary achievements.
The focus of his work is:
- Mentoring and developing remarkable leaders
- Helping people find the motivation to achieve incredible results
- Showing people how to accept, embrace and drive positive change
Rowdy has, climbed Mt Kilimanjaro, tracked gorillas in Rwanda, Kayaked in Antarctica, run marathons, and hiked the Kokoda track. When it comes to Playing a Bigger Game, Rowdy walks the talk.
He has spoken to over 350,000 people in the USA, Europe, Asia and Australia, his best selling books “Play a Bigger Game” and “Leadability” have been published in 7 countries. Rowdy is the trusted advisor to leaders and companies both large and small, across the globe such as Volvo, Gloria Jeans, IGT, Hoyts, Macquarie, Suncorp and is the go to guide for their pursuit of bigger and better results.
Rowdy has an MBA, is a fellow of the Australian institute of Management, graduate of the Disney Institute and is the recipient of the Certified Speaking Professional designation (the highest honour awarded to speakers across the globe) His greatest qualification, however, is to help people see what is possible, to develop outrageous goals and targets and then make them a reality.
If you, your team or your organisation want to Play a Bigger Game. Rowdy will help you, change the game, forever!
“It was like Rowdy had been working with our team for years, yet he had only been in the room a few minutes. I have never seen someone connect with and understand an audience so quickly”
"Rowdy is engaging, true to life and relevant for all businesses today. If you want to be relevant in the future, you need Rowdy on your team"
"Highly engaging, interactive, fun and informative…for anyone owning a business, working as a Leader or managing a team this session is essential."
Rowdy set the scene for our most successful conference ever! He had the audience enthralled, engaged and on the edge of their seat for the entire 2 hours! Our participants constantly referred to Rowdy's key messages throughout the 4 days.
“I have worked with Rowdy on leadership programs for my team and a cultural program across the business. His down to earth style, practical strategies and ability to see what is really happening with the teams has made a massive difference in our team and business results. If you want to get real with your team and drive performance to a higher level I’d highly recommend Rowdy!”
What you will learn
- Rowdy has been a leader in the sporting arena. (Professional Rugby League player and captain)
- Has built a successful entrepreneurial start up. (Created his own Communications Company at 24 and retired at 34)
- As a CEO, turned around Australia’s largest hospitality company
- Written two international best selling books published in 7 countries
- Founded and runs several companies
- Runs leadership and cultural transformation intensives for ASX companies that have produced increased profits, high engagement levels and share price increases.
- Mentors and works with leaders from all walks of life daily.
- Awarded “2019 Keynote Speaker of the Year” and is one of only 100 Certified
- Speaking Professionals. He has spoken to over 400,000 people across the globe.
- Holds a Masters Degree in Business, Is a Fellow Australian Institute of Management, and Graduate of Disney Institute
- Has a demonstrated continuing track record of personal self leadership and successful organisational transformation that spans four decades
- Completed key personal leadership challenges including Climbed Mt Kilimanjaro, Kayaked in Antartica, Tracked gorillas in Rwanda, Hiked the Kokoda Trail & Marathon Runner
Play a Bigger Game
Driving extraordinary results
How to achieve more, be more, do more and have more than you ever thought possible. Raising the bar in your organisation, team or on personal basis is easy once you understand the four things you control that shape the game and the outcomes.
When teams and individuals take control of how they show up on a personal level, the game changes, forever!
“One idea executed really well can completely change your world”
How great leaders are made
Never underestimate the power of a leader to shape the direction and outcomes of organisations. In this presentation we go beyond good to great and step into being at the top of our game. How to become a remarkable leader, leave a lasting positive impact and how to create a legacy that is admired beyond their time in their role.
“Remarkable leaders are the driving force of amazing teams and organisations ”.
Changing the Game
Embracing change in the modern world
People resist change, even fight change. However change is the only way we make progress. Rowdy’s remarkable success in business and life, has been built on the back of his ability to embrace and adapt to driving positive change.
He will show your team how to be excited by change, how to embrace it with enthusiasm and how to use it to drive extraordinary results in a fast paced world.