Terms and Conditions
Welcome to Book Speakers Direct Pty. Ltd.
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of BookSpeakersDirect.com. Book Speakers Direct Pty. Ltd. is located at: 2 Woodleigh Dr Blakeview, Adelaide, SA – 5114, Australia. By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions in full. Do not continue to use BookSpeakersDirect.com if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of Australia. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
- The BSD website is intended for use as part of a wider marketing strategy and should not be considered a “standalone” marketing tool
- Listed speakers commit to responding to all client enquiries within 24 hours.
- Users receive an automated “thanks for your enquiry” upon contacting speaker.
- If a user is unhappy with level of service from a speaker and advises BSD, BSD reserves the right to recommend alternate speakers
- All bookings by user to speaker via BSD website are assigned totally to the speaker. BSD has no monetary claim on fees for confirmed speaking engagements
- BSD cannot guarantee the number of enquiries or bookings speakers will receive via the platform
- All images, copy and links provided by speaker must meet our Style & Content Guidelines
- BSD reserves the right to review all provided and uploaded content for spelling, punctuation, meaning, appropriateness and representation
- BSD does not permit uploading of false, misleading or plagiarised content. Any such content will be removed from the site.
- BSD reserves the right to edit all copy provided or uploaded to meet our Style & Content Guidelines
Unless otherwise stated, Book Speakers Direct Pty. Ltd. and/or it’s licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on Book Speakers Direct Pty. Ltd.. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from https://www.bookspeakersdirect.com for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from https://www.bookspeakersdirect.com
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from https://www.bookspeakersdirect.com
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from https://www.bookspeakersdirect.com
Redistribute content from Book Speakers Direct Pty. Ltd. (unless content is specifically made for redistribution).
bookspeakersdirect.com is committed to:
- providing a site that is well-designed, fast running and easy for end users to navigate
- providing a site that is fairly priced and represents good value for money
- creating search parameters that are responsive and meaningful to users: by location; gender; topic; category; fee or a combination of these
- regularly updating the site with fresh content to maximise SEO and Google rankings
- ongoing building of quality speaker / specialist listings
- ongoing building of quality end user database
- ongoing site maintenance and user surveys / feedback to ensure optimum performance and experience
- ongoing brand management of site
- ongoing targeted marketing to attract quality users – digital, print and social media
- creating a balance of quality end users (customers) and quality speakers (specialists)
- providing a platform whereby listed speakers retain 100% speaking fees and do not pay commissions to bureaus
- providing monthly marketing and user data summary to all listed speakers
Your Webpage Listing includes:
- Headline image of speaker and introduction / short biography
- “At a Glance” – speaker’s location map, price range, topic and speaking categories
- Links to nominated social media pages
- Link to professional showreel
- Synopsis of current keynotes and workshops accompanied by images
- Key messages, learnings and take-outs for audiences
- Link to nominated email for enquiries
- Reminder email to respond to an enquiry if not acted upon within 24 hours
- Site logon for access to page administration (upload new content or images) and page analytics
- Subject to timely provision of copy, images and links, a live page within 48 hours of confirmation
Subscriptions & Payment
Subscriptions to BSD may be tax deductible. We recommend consulting your tax advisor.
- This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
- Certain parts of this website offer the opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions, information, material and data (‘Comments’) in areas of the website. Book Speakers Direct Pty. Ltd. does not screen, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their appearance on the website and Comments do not reflect the views or opinions of Book Speakers Direct Pty. Ltd., its agents or affiliates. Comments reflect the view and opinion of the
person who posts such view or opinion. To the extent permitted by applicable laws Book Speakers Direct Pty. Ltd. shall not be responsible or liable for the Comments or for any loss cost, liability, damages or expenses caused and or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this
- Book Speakers Direct Pty. Ltd.reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which it considers in its absolute discretion to be inappropriate, offensive or otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not infringe any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark, or other proprietary right of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libellous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material or material which is an invasion of privacy
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
- You hereby grant to Book Speakers Direct Pty. Ltd. a non-exclusive royalty-free license to use, reproduce, edit and authorise others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Hyper-linking to our Content
- The following organisations may link to our Web site without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organisations;
- Online directory distributors when they list us in the directory may link to our Web site in the same manner as they hyper-link to the Web sites of other listed businesses; and
- System wide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organisations, charity shopping centres, and charity fund-raising groups which may not hyper-link to our Web site.
- These organisations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
- We may consider and approve in our sole discretion other link requests from the following types of organisations:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources such as Chambers of Commerce, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, and Consumers Union;
- dot.com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities, including charity giving sites,
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law and consulting firms whose primary clients are businesses; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organisations if we determine that: (a) the link would not reflect unfavourably on us or our accredited businesses (for example, trade associations or other organisations representing inherently suspect types of business, such as work-at-home opportunities, shall not be allowed to link); (b)the organisation does not have an unsatisfactory record with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility associated with the hyper-link outweighs the absence of link is in the context of general resource information or is otherwise consistent with editorial content
in a newsletter or similar product furthering the mission of the organisation.
These organisations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and it products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are among the organisations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must notify us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Please include your name, your organisation name, contact information (such as a phone number and/or e-mail address) as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Web site, and a list of the URL(s) on our site to which you would like to link. Allow 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organisations may hyper-link to our Web site as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator (Web address) being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Web site or material being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of Book Speakers Direct Pty. Ltd.’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our Web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Web site.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Web site. You agree to immediately remove all links to our Web site upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our Web site, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Web site or any linked web site objectionable for any reason, you may contact
us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your Web site. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your Website. No link(s) may appear on any page on your Web site or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libellous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a)
are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or
in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort
(including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
Credit & Contact Information
This Terms and conditions page was created at termsandconditionstemplate.com generator. If you have any queries regarding any of our terms, please contact us.